Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix


HP5 directed by David Yates is to me by far the best in the series, Some may complain that a lot has been left out from the book, but then I would also complain the book is too long-winded, to the point I couldnt care much less towards the last chapter of the book. The movie doesn't suffer this fate, I guess clocking at about 2 hours 20 minutes.

As the book got darker, so does the movie, gone are the innocence we used to associate with the series. It is even quite intense and Daniel Radcliffe prove to us here that he can really act.

Harry Potter uses magic in the presence of Muggles when 2 Dementors attacked him and his cousin. Dumbledore came and defended him in a special hearing. When school started all the kids in school avoided him like the plague because no one believed him that "he who cannot be named" is back. Dolores Umbridge's character was hateable in the book and this carries to the movie as well when she tortures HP and yet still can keep a cheery smile on her face. HP also started a class and kissed his dream gal. All this while he struggles with the fact that there is a tight connection between him and Voldermort especially during the dreams sequences.

I read the book sometime ago, and this movie made me realised what I enjoyed about the book most....

So I guess this should be the best in the series for me... So what is yours?
8/10

2 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

u r the first one i came across who liked the movie... me, i thought it was a tad boring... maybe because after all the action packed movies we've watched before HP, this movie is a bit zzzzz... well, for me at least...

but, i still like their Brit accent :)

no, i didn't read the books.

ahh... u r a different reviewer from the previous 2 entries ;)

spchu said...

I kinda understand why angel dont quite like it cos, if you havent read the book, the movie doesnt reveal much... which a lot of the book did...but yet I find this movie pretty intense in the context of the book, so I would suggest ppl to read the book first before watching the movie, It sure works for me ;)