Friday, September 10, 2010

A-Team (2010)

The A-Team

I used to watch A-Team growing up and was a fan of the series then. I add the word then as it's strange, some movies that look so good then looks corny, worse unwatchable now. Did Liam's Hannibal was Quinton "Rampage" Jackson BA make this romp satisfying for a an ex 8 year old fan of The A-Team? Did he go Yayy! at the end when they finally play the A-Team theme song with the original intro to the show ? No, Yes, Yes and Yes.

This is a loud film with filmsy plot. As with all action movies based on 80 series, please leave do not attempt to watch this with your brain mounted and you will at least have a chance of enjoying this. I enjoyed it and was actually near to giving a shout out cheer right at the end. Most of the aspect of the show was captured in this 2010 remake. The loud, the zany and the crazy stunts. I especially like the aeroplane stunts in this one. Breath taking.

Acting on the whole was okay, the parts when this film did not work and I did not care so much for was the time it slowed down to a molasses place especially with the soul searching bit of BA trying to lead a life of peace! Leeson also looks out of place in this one. I guess he has played characters with a pained expression too long for me to accept him in a role like this. The Hannibal of old did not feel this way. Face, great! Murdock, spot on! BA during his !slow scenes great!

Oh ya, one stand out for me for this movie were the bad guys. They were actually quite efficient and capable! It's been quite a long time and a lot of action movies that I have seen that I thought the bad guy was cool. There were a few scenes featuring Pike which I found the baddie to be quite cool.

So give this one a whirl if you got an afternoon to kill like me during raya ... :)
5/10

No comments: