Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Good, The Bad and the Weird.

The Good, the Bad, the Weird [Blu-ray]

I used to be the sort of the guy who did not enjoy watching foreign movies. Boy was I a sorry fool then and the more so after I the great Korean offerings that were available such as The Host, The Chaser and Oldboy. All good stuff! So does, latest offering "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" elevates my love for Korean movies further or does will it bring it down a notch?

Well, I am happy to say it does not bring it down a notch. It does not really elevate it but I just love this movie. It's a rip roaring fun ride all the way! Much like a great rollercoaster ride also, the plot isn't much to write home to mom about, but then as I said, it's a rollercoaster ride. It's all about the ride! The action sequences, even for an action movie buff like me still manages to look fresh and bring me to the edge of my seat.

Actually this movie reminds me of those movie that Alam Tam and gang used to act with martial arts put in with just a simple plot to drive the action sequences along. I loved those movies growing up and this movie is reminiscent of that. The plot if you will is about the hunt of of a hidden treasure thanks to bungling thief played by Kang-ho Song, which is my favorite action from all of these Korean movies! I absolutely just love this guy when he is on screen. He can act comedy, tragedy and even the leading man when it comes to it. The whole movie almost revolves around his bungling character and he made me laugh every time he was on screen. Watch out for the end reveal of this character as he reveals a not so bungling side to his character. Totally believable too as he makes the switch.

Check this movie out if you haven't. If you are just tired of those plot plot plot movies and just want to cheer yourself up this is what you should go for! I give this good one a good solid 8.5/10.

A bit more about the movie via wikipedia.

Check out it's RT score.

No comments: