Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ratatouille












Pronounced as Ra-Ta-Too-Tee, this is a very hard movie to spell, but I implore you to catch this movie while it's still in the cinema where it should be enjoyed at. The movie started with a short clip about an alien trying to abduct a man from his house. It was very funnyly done. That alone put me in stitches



On to the movie which is about a rat who aspires to be a famous chef in Paris. Impossible I hear some of you say, but it's this premise which keep everything interesting. This movie was told with a heart, something lacking in a lot of today's movies. It also made me forgive Pixar for subjecting me to Cars last year(maybe I just am not much of a fan of cars.)

The animation was superbly done with rats scampering in kitchen floors looking so real.

8/10

p/s : My all time favourite Pixar is still Toy Story, I wonder what are reader's choice. Also love A bug's Life and Incredibles.

5 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

I'm not much of a cartoon fan but this one, I'll go watch! I liked Flushed Away. Darn farnie!

TingTitLei said...

you call this short piece of post a review? and youre not even giving reasons on why cars sucked. i think cars was a great show

spchu said...

I did say I am not a fan of cars...and it focus too much on Nascar, an American pasttimes which we Malaysians not able to relate too....Did I also say I am not a fan of F1. Cars just seem to drag on and on and the story is just unretable. Go watch Ratatouille and you will know what I mean... My reviews are short because I dont like to give away too much spoilers which would kinda stop readers from enjoying the show.

spchu said...

angel, if u like Flushed Away, u're going to love Ratatouille.

I can assure you that.

anti-gravity said...

it's rat-a-too-ee :)
my friend enjoyed it also...
but i havent watched it...
gonna d/load it, maybe :)