Saturday, August 4, 2007

Love Actually - 2003

Well, I have been here in Brunei for a week without tv and without any form of entertainment and it's KILLIN' ME !!!! Thank god for the few movies that I packed along with me when I came here. So far from my stash, I have finished seeing two shows, both with the theme of love, that is Before Sunset and Love Actually. I liked both of them. Firstly let me go into Love Actually. Love actually is starring an ensemble of great actors and actresses which include :

with great cameo appearances by Mr-Rowan-Bean-Atkinson himself. This is a movie which follows the lives of a few couples with the underlying theme of love. Love of every level as well as stage is presented to the audience in a light and fast flowing mood. Performances were great all around and it managed to put a smile on my face at the end with just the right touch of that great warm fuzzies you would get at the end of a nice romance movie. Don't expect a traditional romance movie with a hero and a heroine ( if it was that kind I don't think I would have liked this movie ) rather a movie which sees love through the lives of couples ( or couples to be ) at various stages in their lives.

Here are two favorite scenes from the movie, the first, billy mack's ( bill nighly ) rendition of "Chrismast is all around us"





and the next one is something I always wish I could do one day with a member of the opposite sex...


I give this movie a solid 8/10. Definitely a movie to see with the significant other.

No comments: