Friday, August 15, 2008

The Dark Knight



I thought this movie deserves another review as I declared it the best movie I saw this year after coming out of the cinema.

After all what's not to like about it? The gritty scripts, the tight storyline, the dry humour, the batmobile, the action sequence which keep you at the edge of your seats are all here.

I like it even more than Batman Begins which I had been recommending to friends 3 years ago, so very seldom a movie improve on its predecessor, and I believe Dark Knight achieved this.

The fight between good and evil in this one makes it feel not like any superhero movies that's been churned out from the Hollywood thread mills which we have seen of late. It pans out more like a very believable crime thriller.

Kudos to director Christopher Nolan, the late Heath Ledger (he would be missed) and Christian Bale. They managed to keep you guessing throughout the movie what would happen next and there never was a dull moment.

I hope everyone watch this on the big screen where such movies are best enjoyed. (I had less fun watching Batman begins on tv recently :)

9/10

1 comment:

Amir Muhammad said...

The jaring address no longer works. Send it to me at kancah2001 at yahoo dot com instead :-)