Friday, August 1, 2008

The Dark Knight

Saw this one and the only thing I can say about it is I am underwhelmed by Nolan's latest offering of the dark knight saga. I don't if it's just my tired entrepreneul self talking or this or is it this second outing seems a bit less focused or less potent than Batman Begins. For a director of this stature with gems like Memento under his belt I would have expected a tighter story line with smarter dialog instead what I found myself feeling most of the time was a rushed feeling plus rehashed dialog borrowed from a thousand other action movies before this.

On the acting, is it only me or does Chistian Bale change of voice during his Batman scene looks forced almost to the point of being farcial? On the Joker's side it is indeed a plum role role Heath Ledger and a good way to sign out, just that some original dialog would have done the Joker a world of good. I know this review won't win us a lot of fans out there, but this is just what I think, "I think the original is better" - 5/10

As usual the trailer is here :

1 comment:

Phil said...

I think, I like dark knight, much better. Action pack all the way. :)