Friday, October 12, 2007

The aviator 2004

This show had two things going against it from the start :

1. I don't really dig into auto biographies. Too depressing to see someone great reduced to the shell of a person from where they started for me.

2. I don't really dig Leo Caprio.

Well, well, well I was pleasantly surprised by this offering from Sorcese. The close to two hours of this show just flew by and the life story of a certain mr Howard Hughes was told from an interesting perspective from his victories to the demons that haunt him. Two performances that stand out here for me are Leo's Howard Hughes ( surprise again ! ) and the ever lovely Cate Blanchette's uncanny portrayal of Katherine Hepburn. They really brought life to their characters and the whole show is left on their able shoulders. Kudos !

For me a biography succeeds if the movie makes you at least curious to find out about the protagonist featured and sparks an interest in his passions and motivation, if that is the case then The Aviator succeeds with flying ( pun intended ) colors here !

8.5/10

Trailer :



Check out this interview with Leo regarding his role :

No comments: